Prof SURINDER PAL SINGH KOCHAR
- Over 36 years of experience in India Army in various positions of Medical Profession starting as a General Medical Practitioner, doing post graduation in Obstetrics & Gynaecology in 1987, doing fellowship training in Onco – Gynaecology at Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai in 1992-1993, graduating over the years to Professor and Head in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at AFMC Pune, commanding the busiest multidisciplinary and superspeciality 581-bedded zonal Military Hospital of the Northern Command of Army at Jammu and Consultant at Command Hospital Udhampur and Maj Gen (Medical) at HQ Northern Command at Udhampur. Retired from Army on 01 Dec 2016.
- Achieved professional excellence in the field of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Onco-Gynaecology and gained vast experience in performing Gynaecologic operations including Laparoscopic surgeries. Teaching undergraduates and postgraduates, modernization of healthcare facilities, organization of professional conferences, CMEs and workshops and in hospital planning.
- Trained in modern teaching technology and actively involved in modifying the under graduate and post graduate curriculum and, implementing innovative theory and practical training methodology to achieve all time high pass percentage of undergraduate results( nearly 100%) with several distinctions in AFMC during 2004- 2008.
- Have been examiner of MBBS, DGO, MS ( Obstetrics and Gynaecology ) of various Universities including University of Pune, MUHS, RGUHS, GGSIPU and DNB( Ob / Gyn ) in the capacity of internal examiner, external examiner, paper setter, moderator, conducting practical / viva, correcting answer sheets and checking dissertations. In addition, guide for many post graduate students.
- Substantially contributed towards modernization and upgradation of indoor and outdoor patient care system in the setting of different types of Military Hospitals including Army Hospital (Research and Referral) Delhi and AFMC Pune the top-notch institutes in defense services.
- Gathered an extensive experience in various planning and scheduling / designing of research projects and assessment of their clinical applications.
- Attended many National and International conferences, presented scientific papers and delivered guest lectures.
- Has published more than 15 scientific papers in several National and International Journals.
- Has been a member in the editorial board of the prestigious Journal of “Obs. and Gynae. Today ” and “Medical Journal Armed Forces India ”.
- Sufficiently exposed to gynaecological endoscopic surgery and ART program and was instrumental in setting up ART centre at Army Hospital (R&R) Delhi.
- Successfully organized various local and national professional conferences and workshops both in Army and Civil.
- Authored a Book ‘Manual of Gynaecologic Oncology’
- Certified Principal Investigator for conducting clinical trials. Certificate granted by Harvard Medical School after undergoing training in Good Clinical Practice in 2000.
- Supervised the complete medical services of the entire state of J&K including combat medical care and in addition professional Gynaecological services at Command Hospital at Udhampur.
- MD (Obst & Gynae)
Total Years of Work Experience:
- 36 Years