DEPARTMENT OF RADIODIAGNOSIS AND IMAGING
The Department of Radio-diagnosis and Imaging , SGT Medical college and research institute established in 2010 is a flourishing multimodality department equipped with latest technology providing round the clock diagnostic imaging and intervention services.
The department is headed by Dr (Prof) BB Sharma who has more than 3 decades of teaching experience under his belt. The department has annual intake capacity of 6 MD Radio-diagnosis students. It also runs Phd, Masters in Radioimaging technology (MRIT),Bachelor in Radio-imaging Technology( BRIT) and Diploma in radio-imaging technology (DRIT) courses under its allied wing.
The Department imparts up-to-date theoretical and practical knowledge, skills to undergraduate and postgraduate students of all disciplines, in-house technicians, undergraduate and postgraduate students of dentistry and other para-medical branches. It aims at ensuring timely, rational and affordable modern healthcare at primary to tertiary levels to the public in need.
Location– Lower ground floor, SGT Hospital building
- Diagnostic MRI , CT
- MR/CT Angiography,
- USG with color Doppler and 3D/ 4D capabilities ,
- Fluoroscopy, Filmless radiography ( X-ray) and special investigations
- Interventional procedures like Selective embolization procedures, USG/ CT guided drainage, nephrostomy, FNAC, Biopsy etc
- Emergency radiological services
- Bedside (portable) ultrasonography and Xray services.
- COVID 19 dedicated radiological services
OPD Timings– 9am to 4pm.
Emergency services– 24 x 7 emergency radiological services are available.
Post Graduate Courses
- MD (Radio-diagnosis)
- PhD ( Radio-imaging Technology)
- One year certificate courses in CT/MRI
Other Training Activities
- Periodic rotational attachment to postgraduate students of other specialties including dentistry.
- Undergraduate training – Radiology lecture series and periodic rotational attachment.
Dr BB Sharma Professor and HOD
Dr RC Yadav Professor
Dr Monu Sarin Professor
Dr Neeru Kapur Assistant Professor
Dr Mir Rizwan Assistant Professor
Dr Tanu Singh
Dr Dhiraj Mishra
Dr Natasha Nargotra
Dr Rohit Sharma
PG Students 3rd year ( 2018 Batch)
PG Students 2nd Year(2019 Batch)
DEPARTMENTAL ACADEMIC CALENDER
|Seminar||Three days a week; 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM|
|Case Presentation||Daily; 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM|
|Journal Club||Every Saturday; 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM|
|Short discussion||Twice a week 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM|
|Monthly Clinical Meet:||As Scheduled|
The PG students are posted on rotational dutiesin each and every section of the department with hands –on training on various equipments.
Departmental Museum and Library
The department also boasts of a museum having a wide collection of interesting cases , spotters, models and radiological specimens .
The departmental library is enriched with latest volumes of indian / foreign journals and books for ready reference.
DEPARTMENTAL ACADEMIC AND RESEARCH ACTIVITES
In the years 2018 to 2019
- Safety spectrum & Application in Radiology in Modern Medical practice 13.04.2018 SGT Medical College Hospital and Research Institute Gurugram
- Modern Advances in Radio Imaging Technology & their Applications. 25.08.2018 SGT Medical College Hospital and Research Institute Gurugram
- Radiation and Biomedical Waste Hazard with hands on training on Quality Control Tools in radiological practice 6th and 9th March 2019 SGT Medical College Hospital and Research Institute Gurugram
- Webinar on Role of CT in GIT by Dr Wolfgang Schima, Austria ; 19 september 2019
- Live workshop on Endovenous Laser Ablation of Varicose Veins: Recent Management by Dr Gulshanjit Singh and Dr Mir Rizwan on March 23rd, 2019.
- Lecture on “Radiation Awareness & Radiation Safety” by Dr. Parvez Alam Khan (RSO, Primus Hospital, New Delhi) on 10.03.2018
- Lecture on “Plain Radiography In Perspective of Rheumatologist” by Dr. Bijit Kumar Kundu (Consultant Rheumatologist, R.M.L Hospital, New Delhi) on 10.05.2018
- Lecture on “Clinical Applications of Vascular Interventions” by Dr (Brig) Chander Mohan (Director Interventional Radiology, BLK Super Speciality Hospital) on 15.11.2018
- Lecture on “Physics behind Functional MRI; Perfusion & Diffusion Techniques and its role” by Dr Ajay Kumar Srivastva , Associate Professor ,Medical Physicist Department of Radiology UCMS GTB Hospital on 18.04.2019
- World Radiology Day Celebrations on 8th of November every year.
- Annual “SYNERGY” Fest held in SGT University wherein charts and models were presented on the themes of “Radiation protection” , “Female foeticide and protection of girl child in the era of diagnostic ultrasound” and “ QT ultrasound – An evolution in Breast Imaging”
- “CT week” covering all topics related to CT by PG students; 10- 14th Feb 2020
- “ MRI week” covering all topics related to MRI by PG students ; 15-18 April 2019
Departmental Publications: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cBJOrNJ_Hbn7wLTEBDDB8MwYgVWBZoAT