The Department of Psychiatry, SGT University, headed by Dr.(Prof) V.P. Mahla, is one of the most robust psychiatric units in Delhi NCR. The department, which is in its 10th year of inception, takes pride in its excellent faculty profile, academic endeavors, research activities and patient care. The department is actively involved in imparting theoretical as well as clinical knowledge to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The department runs a General Psychiatry OPD 6 days a week and Special Clinics on designated days. It has 30 bedded indoor facility for admission. The Department also renders emergency care round the clock, along with consultation liaison with other departments. It also has collaboration with the Department of Clinical Psychology.
Room No. 211
|9:00 AM – 1:00 PM|
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
|S. No.||Name of the Clinic||Days on which held||Timings||Average No. of cases attended||Name of Clinic In-charge|
|1||Neuro Psychiatry clinic for elderly||Thursday||9-11AM||5||Dr. V.P.Mahla|
|2||Child guidance clinic||Tuesday||9-11AM||6||Dr. V.P.Mahla|
|3||Clinic for Senile disorder||Friday||9-11AM||4||Dr. Ashutosh Tripathi|
|4||Psycho Motor clinic||Wednesday||9-11AM||3||Dr. Abhishek|
|5||Deaddiction||Monday||10-12PM||5||Dr. Nimmi A Jose|
|6||Memory clinic||Friday||9-11AM||4||Dr. Ashutosh Tripathi|
|7||Family Counselling||Saturday||2- 4PM||5||Dr. Nimmi A Jose|
Male Ward: 20 beds
Female Ward: 10 beds
A fully equipped and functional ECT facility is available in the department.
|Days for ECT||Timing|
|9:00 AM – 10:00 AM|
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- (Prof) Ved Pal Mahla
- (Prof) Ashutosh Tripathi
- Abhishek Kapoor
- Nimmi A. Jose
- Abhinav Tewari
- Pooja Yadav
- Niyati Sheokand
- Priya Arora
- Poorva Gupta
Daily Departmental Activites
|Seminar||Once a week; 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM|
|Case Presentation||Once a week; 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM|
|Journal Club||Twice a month; 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM|
|Consultation Liaison Case Discussion||Once a week; 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM|
|Monthly Clinical Meet:||Fridays on Alternate Month 2-4 pm|
|Research Forum||Once a month; 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM|
|Visit to NGO (Ashraya)||Twice a month(Saturday); 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
Major Departmental Activities in the year 2018-20
- A guest lecture was conducted on “Newer perspectives in Borderline Personality Disorders” by Dr Sanjay Siddhartha on 5th February 2019.
- 2nd Year postgraduate students were sent to NIMHANS for 2 months of compulsory clinical postings comprising of 1 month in Neurology and 1 month in Psychiatry.
- Post graduate students were sent to PG Development Programme.
- a) June 30th 2018 –July 1st 2018
- b) August 3rd 2019 – August 4th 2019
- Second year PGs were sent to Training Initiative for Psychiatry Postgraduates (TIPPS) for various workshops in March 2019.
- Participation along with presentations in various conferences:
- a) Poster presentation in ANCIPS 2019 by Dr. Niyati Sheokand
- b) Poster presentation in ISAM 2019 by Dr. Pooja Yadav
- c) Paper presentation in ISAM 2019 by Dr. V.P. Mahla
- d) Poster presentation in CME on Psychosexual Disorders by Dr. Priya Arora